Your business is growing and it’s time to get your website to do more work for you. Or maybe you’ve hit a plateau and think your outdated website is hurting your business. (We understand where you’re at.)
If you’re searching the internet for the best way to build your website or how to build the best website, we’ve got some insights for you that will save you time, frustration — and in the long run, money too.
Here’s the first insight — don’t do it. Your business’s health is too crucial, your time is too valuable — and your website is too important, especially in these unprecedented times.
Does this sound like your experience?
As a business owner, you’re used to learning quickly and having to wear a lot of hats to make your company run. You’re industrious and creative. (That’s why we love to partner with business owners like you.) You have had to be part accountant, part marketer, and part jack of all trades in some seasons. But just because you’ve had to do that in the past doesn’t mean that’s the best way forward. Another way of saying this is — just because you can, doesn’t mean you should.
INSIGHTS YOU NEED TO KNOW BEFORE BUILDING YOUR WEBSITE
1. Your time is valuable — don’t waste it being a novice.
A recent Gallup and Wells Fargo poll found that nearly 60% of small business owners work six days a week — and 20% worked seven days a week.
You only have so much time. Oftentimes as an entrepreneur, you have had to put in all the time in order to get your efforts off the ground and it can be difficult to know when the value of your time is better spent on your expertise vs. relying on someone else’s expertise in an area.
You have brought your business to a point of growth — and hiring an expert like Brandlink allows you to spend more time doing what you do best.
With an expert team, like Brandlink’s, you get someone working for you who can do the job quicker, better, and get it to do what you want instead of putting a lot of time into something that falls short of your expectations and needs.
2. You are not your customer.
Building your own website is risky for many reasons, but one of the most important is that you aren’t your customer — and as the business owner you have something called, “The curse of knowledge.” One of the biggest issues we see with self-designed websites is a glaring lack of practical information and clarity of the product or service. Because owners know the product or service so well, they often leave out even the most basic details like contact information. A reported 70% of small business websites don’t have a call-to-action on their homepage. That means they are losing sales — potential to competitors for no good reason — and don’t even know it.
In the same way that you are an expert in your business, we are an expert in website design. From the right words to communicate your unique offering to the highest quality imagery, and best functionality — we partner with you to better serve your customers.
3. You don’t always have the tools.
Even in the basic website building sites, design and quality imagery aren’t part of their service whereas they are with Brandlink. You don’t just need to be able to navigate through a company’s template, you will need to be able to create high-quality imagery and overall good design with a purpose behind it.
- Did you know that 75% of potential customers judge your website’s credibility on it’s overall aesthetic, according to InvisionApp?
- 39% of users will abandon a website if images don’t load or take too much time to load.
- 8 out of 10 consumers would stop engaging with a website if its content doesn’t display correctly on their device (Adobe)
- 47% of visitors expect a site to load within 2 seconds or less. The page abandonment statistics are astronomical if it fails to load with every added section.
- 62% of companies increased their sales by designing responsive platforms for their websites.
When you partner with Brandlink, our team makes sure that —
- Your pages are loading quickly so visitors stay on your website.
- Google can find your website, so your customers can too. (Did you know that was a thing?)
- Your site has a mobile-friendly, responsive design that means you build trust and increase your organic reach.
You don’t have to become an expert in SEO, 301 redirects, 404 error pages, and all the rest because we’re experts at it. We love partnering with business owners like you because we get to help you build a website that reflects your expertise and builds your business.
WHAT HIRING BRANDLINK TO BUILD YOUR WEBSITE MEANS
We’ve shared insights from our experience to help you make an informed decision about building your website.
First, hiring an expert doesn’t mean —
- That you aren’t involved in the process.
On the contrary. You’re the expert in your business and your insights and information are the foundation we use to build a customized website for you.
- That you have to build a large website and make a huge financial investment.
Actually, we have helped many small businesses take their company to the next level with a high-quality, beautifully functional single-page website. (Check out one of our most recent projects.)
Hiring Brandlink to build your website means —
- You have a partner in the process that can turn your unique needs into a beautiful, functional website that works for you — and doesn’t add work to your busy schedule.
- You have immediate access to a team of experts in web design, graphic design, marketing copywriting, SEO, and more.
- You can spend time doing what you do best instead of spending too much time trying to figure out an entirely new discipline. (That’s like someone saying that they could learn to do what you do with a few how-to videos.)
We’ve helped many business owners just like you — check out their results to see what’s possible for your company.
If you’re needing to upgrade your website so it adds to your bottom line instead of your workload, let’s talk! We’d love to hear more about your needs. Aren’t sure if you’re ready? Schedule a free consultation to get answers to any questions you have with no pressure.
Drop us a line at
[email protected] or call the office at 405.607.2092
to talk with us today (fun fact: a real, live human answers our phone).
We can’t wait to create something great for you.